Having that prickly feeling at the back of your throat can be annoying and sometimes even painful. A tickly throat can often be the result of dryness, which then leads to infection then itchiness. You can treat throat-tickling sensations easily though and these can be easily done at home.
Home Remedies and Tips Stop Throat Tickling
Removing that annoying and sometimes irritating tickle in your throat can be done easily with a few homemade remedies such as the following:
- Mix together a teaspoon of honey and some lemon juice into a cup of warm water. Like a tea, slowly sip this mixture until the itchiness goes away. Repeat whenever necessary.
- Gargle with a mixture of sea salt in warm water. Use this remedy at least a few times during the span of a day. The salt is a natural bacteria killer and antiseptic and should help ease that itch in your throat.
- One cure for itch in your throat is to rehydrate. Since one possible cause for the itch is dryness, rehydrating yourself by drinking plenty of water should do the trick of getting the itch to stop.
- Get some vitamin C tablets and crush these into a fine powder. You can also use pure vitamin C syrup for this tickly throat solution. Add the vitamin C to some warm water in a glass and add a bit of salt and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Use this as a gargle during the day, making sure to gargle at least twice or three times.
- If your throat tickle does not disappear with any of these remedies and lasts for around a couple of weeks, then you may be suffering from some sort of allergy. A visit to your doctor may be required in this case.
- Aloe vera juice is another possible cure for a throat tickle. Dilute some pure aloe vera extract in some warm water and gargle with it a couple of times a day.
- Apple cider vinegar is another well-known cure for throat tickles. Simply add a teaspoon each of this vinegar and ground cayenne pepper in some warm water and add to this some clover honey. Gargle with this mixture a few times a day.
- Chamomile tea is also good for itchy throats. Simply steep a tea bag of chamomile tea for 5 minutes in a cup of warm water and drink slowly.
- Ginger tea is also a good remedy for itchy throats. Peel a piece of ginger and cut in thin slices. Boil in a cup of water for 5 minutes or until water turns yellowish. Cool a bit then drink slowly.