Pinworms are tiny worms that are found in the intestines. These worms are white in color and live in the intestines. They are commonly found in children.
Pinworms can easily be transferred from one kid to another. Pinworms’ eggs can be picked up by children while playing with their contaminated toys, beddings, or clothes.
Pinworms’ eggs can survive in your children’s skin or fingers for a long period of time. If the children put their fingers on their mouth, the eggs will be able to get inside their body then go through the intestine where they will hatch.
Symptoms Of Pinworm Infection In Babies
The following are signs that your children have pinworms:
- Kids with pinworms often scratch their butt or some place around the vaginal or anal area.
- They often keep on moving in bed during sleep.
- Kids will have interrupted sleep.
- They get irritated easily.
- They display or show signs of tiredness or fatigue even doing only a simple chore or activity.
- Children will usually experience unexplained weight loss.
Natural Treatment For Pinworm Infection
If your child is showing some of the signs mentioned above, he or she is probably positive of having pinworms. It is better that you bring him or her immediately to the doctor for proper treatment.
Your doctor will give prescription for your kids. Medicines used for pinworm infection are usually chewable so that the kids will be able to enjoy the flavor of the meds without knowing that it is a medicine.
Your kids are not the only one who needs to be treated from pinworm invasion. Since pinworms, as stated earlier, can be transferred easily it is more likely that you or anyone in your family is having or will have pinworm infections as well.
Everything that your or kids have touched needs to be washed and cleaned such as:
- Crib sheets or bed sheets of your children.
- Blankets of all the members of the family.
- Towels of the kids and all of the members of the household.
- Clothing should be poured in hot water to kill the bacteria.
- Children’s toys should be washed and scrubbed.
- Floor, countertop, and tables must be scrubbed with anti-bacterial soap.
- Carpets should be given for carpet cleaning.
How To Prevent Pinworms In Children?
Prevention, as they say, is better than cure. Here are a few suggestions on how to prevent pinworm from infecting your household.
- Keep your kids’ hands clean all the time. Always remind your kids to wash their hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Trim your kids’ fingernails regularly and do not allow your kids to bite their nails.
- Encourage good and proper hygiene and bathe your children regularly.