We all suffer from gas problems every now and then, and a gassy stomach can be very painful as well as embarrassing when you release this gas around a lot of people. What causes a gassy stomach?
- Gas can occur when air is swallowed along with the food we eat and the liquids we drink. Nervousness can also make us swallow air that can result in a gassy stomach.
- Gases can form in the stomach when we eat certain kinds of food like whole grains, beans, and other fiber-rich foods.
- Eating dairy products can also induce the production of gas in your stomach.
- Eating in a hurry is also another known culprit for developing a gassy stomach.
- Some medicines and even artificial sweeteners are also known to produce gas in your stomach and intestines.
Symptoms Of Gassy Stomach
You may have experienced this a few times in your life. Having a gassy stomach can bring about such symptoms such as these:
- Bloating is one of the things that can happen when you have a gassy stomach. Try thumping your palm on your stomach and if you hear a muffled thump, you have gas.
- You can feel jabbing pains or sharp cramping in your midsection or side of your stomach. Sometimes this pain will run to your lower back or up to your chest.
- Burping, belching and passing gas are sure signs of a gassy stomach.
Natural Remedies For Stomach Gas Problems
To get rid of that gas in your stomach, whether it is painful or not, can be done at home and with a few simple to make home remedies.
- Take tea that is made out of chamomile, fennel, or peppermint. These are some of the easiest remedies for gas pain and a gassy stomach.
- Increase your intake of water. Increasing water in your system not only helps with gas problems, it is also a good cleanser for your body.
- Ginger is a good ingredient to use when having gas problems. Make some ginger tea by peeling a small piece of ginger and slicing it thinly. Boil it in some water and wait until the water turns yellowish. Let it cool and drink while the ginger tea is still warm. Adding lemon to this is also suggested.
- Try eating coriander seeds or celery seeds but don’t swallow. These are well-known cures for gas pain and for expelling gas in the stomach.