Body aches are the manifestation of the body as a result to extreme exhaustion and use of the muscles and energy of a person. Fever is a compensatory mechanism of the body when the body is feeling ill.
The body copes to physiological changes that may arise by an increase in body temperature. It is usually a systemic physiological alteration. The blood itself will feel warm, increased heart rate, and night sweats to name a few.
Causes of Fever And Body Aches
The following are some common causes why an individual would have body aches and fever.
- Presence of an underlying disease or infection
- When the body is experiencing an inflammation
- Exertion and overuse of the muscles
- Prolonged physical activity would also result to body aches and fever
- When there is decrease in food and energy
By understanding what caused the fever and body aches, you will be able to treat it properly.
Home Remedies for Body Aches and Fever
The following are home remedies for fever and body aches.
- When there is fever, it is best to always keep the individual hydrated. Drinking fruit juices will be highly advisable. Fruit juices with high in vitamin C can help boost your immune system.
- Get some rest. Allow the body to relax and recuperate from the illness.
- Eat healthy and nutritious foods to allow the body to heal faster.
- For high-grade fever, it would be advisable to perform a tepid sponge bath to help lower the body temperature.
- Placing a cold compress over the forehead of an individual would also help relax and cool down the body.
- Drink a cup of warm water with lemon and honey, once or twice a day.
- To help relieve the body aches, a good body massage will be worth it.
It would be best to consult your doctor to help you find the likely cause of the body aches and fever, especially if you have already tried the home remedies or when you are experiencing this for quite some time already.
Prevent Body Aches and Fever
- Observe proper hygiene to avoid illnesses and infections
- Drink plenty of fluids every day
- Have plenty of sleep and rest. If a person lacks sleep, his immune system decreases, making him susceptible to diseases.
- Load yourself with vitamins and mineral from a healthy diet.