Are you looking for effective ways of treating irregular underarms perspiration or sweating? It is quite embarrassing to see that your blouse is showing your wet underarms while in public. Well then here are several tips to help you find ways on how to get rid of those yucky underarms sweat.
Excessive underarms perspiration, also known as axillary hyperhidrosis in medical terms, is used to describe a person who is under medical problems of producing too much sweat especially in the underarms area thereby causing their blouse to get wet. Nobody wants to show wet underarms in their blouse.
What Causes Heavy Underarm Sweating?
Before you resort to treatment of the problem, identify first what is the cause of your excessive underarms sweating. Some possible reasons are:
- Genetic or inherent
- Stress, physical or emotional
- Allergy to certain food
How To Treat Excessive Underarm Perspiration?
The good news is that axillary hyperhidrosis or excessive underarms perspiration is curable. It is not like “you were born with it, then you’ll die with it” case. The following are some remedies that can help you treat this pretty embarrassing problem:
- Over the counter antiperspirant drugs or medications. These drugs usually clog the pores of your sweat glands and thus preventing you to sweat.
- Iontophoresis treatment. This process is done to thicken the hair in the underarms. So the sweat will not easily reach your blouse. The process includes few electrical shocks in the underarms.
- Botulinum injection. This is commonly known as Botox. The process involves the injection of Botulinum toxin in the underarms area. The said toxin will prevent the sweating of the underarms.
- Surgery. The most common surgery to stop excessive underarms perspiration is Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy (ETS). The surgery has two variations.
- Cutting. In this process, the sympathetic nerves are cut. Once the said nerves are cut, it cannot send transmission signals to the sweat glands anymore.
- Clipping. In this kind of surgery, a titanium clip is placed in the sympathetic nerves to interrupt the transmission signal.
Home Remedies To Stop Excessive Armpit Sweating
Aside from the treatments mentioned above, you may also try the following:
- Use loose clothes. This will enable your body to breath. It’s is also preferable to wear pure cotton clothes.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. This will help you rehydrate your body from excessive sweating.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and also keep in your plate plenty of green vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods will just trigger your sweating.
Do a series of yoga meditations. This will help you control your hormonal balance.