Hematoma occurs when blood cells seep outside the blood vessels. There are certain instances and causes as to why there is a seepage and leak of blood and these are the following:
- A heavy fall. If a person falls and uses his or her body as a cushion for that fall, it would result to bruising of the area. The bluish discoloration that you find in a person who just fell is the result of the fall and bruising to the muscle and blood vessel.
- Physical abuse. If a person is hit by a blunt object, a fist, or the like, it would cause bruising to the person resulting to the discoloration of the area.
- It can be also caused by other health condition such as pernicious anemia wherein the clotting factor of a person is decreased. Hence, he or she is prone to hematoma or bleeding inside the body.
- Diseases such as dengue hemorrhagic fever would result to bleeding within the blood vessels.
Prevention Of Hematoma
One cannot necessarily prevent and escape from having hematoma. It is not a disease and it is not a health condition. It is just one of the effects of a circumstance from another underlying disease or blunt force trauma. It is part of the signs and symptoms of an individual.
Here are a couple of things you could do to minimize the degree of hematoma.
- Eat food that would enhance the clotting factor of an individual.
- Avoid taking blood thinners medication such as aspirin.
- As much as possible, remove furniture that could cause you to bump against them and cause a bruise.
- If you have an underlying disease such as pernicious anemia and other blood clotting disorders or hemolytic condition, seek medical help to avoid further complications.
Natural Remedies To Cure Hematoma
There are numerous types and kinds and degrees of hematoma. Usually it would vary on which part of the body the impact occurred. For example, one cannot perform home remedies for hematomas located in the brain. However, hematomas located in other parts of the body can be treated with these following methods:
- Cold compress and hot compress. Applying these would facilitate both the widening and narrowing of the blood vessels.
- If there is bruising, it would be very likely that the person would experience pain in the area. Hence, a pain reliever can be given or other therapeutic non-pharmaceutical means can be used to alleviate the pain.