Ear Wax is secreted by glands in the outer portion of ear canal and is yellowish orange. It mainly protects the skin from infection. When earwax is pushed deep into the ear canal or it is over secreted there is a feeling of fullness and discomfort in the ear.
Symptoms of ear wax or cerumen buildup.
- Sometimes intensity of pain varies.
- Hearing diminishes with or without pain.
- In rare cases there is a balance problem.
Causes: The wax dries and flakes off and moves to the outer ear. When the wax moves inwards, buildup occurs.
Home Remedies For Ear Wax Blockage
- If you have a perforated eardrum, do not put any liquid into your ear.
- Otherwise if wax does not accumulate put 1 to 2 drops of warm vegetable oil, twice a day in each ear.
- Then hold your head upright and flush warm water into the ear with a bulb syringe and then turn sideways and let the water drain.
- Do not use ear buds if you do not produce abundant earwax and do not clean your ear canal with bobby pins as hearing maybe temporarily impaired.
- After bathing, use cotton balls to dry and clean your outer ears.