Have you been dreaming of wearing your favorite blouse but you’re afraid of your dark underarms? Or were you planning to slip on the evening gown but your dark underarms will get noticed? Well, having dark underarms really is very embarrassing.
Having dark underarms is much more noticeable for people who have fairer skin. So before getting yourself in these embarrassing scenes, let’s get to know what causes dark underarms and how we can treat them.
What Are The Causes Of Dark Underarms?
Have you ever wondered why do some people have dark underarms when others don’t? Each and everyone have various factors in getting dark underarms.
But most common reasons are:
- Irritation caused by clothes that are too tight.
- Too much sweating.
- Infections caused by improper hygiene.
- Incorrect shaving of underarms.
- Building up of dead skin cells or tissues.
- Chemical reactions caused by deodorants.
- Alcohol found in antiperspirants.
Natural Remedies To Lighten Dark Underarms
There is no doubt that having dark underarms is really very embarrassing. It’s not that you can’t wear your favorite tops, but it is because having dark underarms is likewise associated with hygiene. So you wouldn’t want to be judged of not having good hygiene just because of your dark underarms, right?
Well, here are some practical remedies on how to treat dark underarms:
- Take a slice of lemon and rub it on your armpits in a circular motion. Do this every day while taking a bath.
- Avoid deodorants with strong smell. They are most likely to have strong chemicals that can make your underarms dark.
- Use alum powder as an alternative to deodorants.
- Apply some baking soda on your armpits after every bath.
- Use coconut oil in rinsing your armpit.
- Mix one tablespoon of lime juice, one tablespoon of coconut juice, and sprinkle it with turmeric powder. Spread it on your armpit. Rinse thoroughly after 20 minutes.
- Make a paste from one tablespoon of curd, one teaspoon of gram flour, and one teaspoon of natural milk. Sprinkle it with turmeric powder. Apply it on your underarms. Rinse it after a few minutes.
- Apply a mixture of rose water and sandalwood powder in your underarms.
- Put on some vitamin E cream or oil. These are available in drugstores.
- Use anti-fungal creams as an antiperspirant.
- Use loose cotton tops or blouses.
- Waxing will not only remove your underarm hair but will also remove dead skin cells. Thus, wax your underarms regularly instead of shaving them.