Question: The corners of my mouth are dark after subsequent healing from scars due to winter. What can I do to make my lips and the skin around it look beautiful?
Answer: The dark area around the mouth is due to the hyper pigmentation of the skin around the mouth. In cold season the area around the mouth becomes dry, there is a tendency to wet the area with our saliva. The saliva has the substance to darken the skin.
Natural Treatment for Dry and Dark Skin Around Mouth
Here are some of the home remedies and natural ways to lighten the skin complexion.
- Mix 1 tsp of milk, 1tsp of gram flour, 1/2tsp of turmeric powder. Apply it in the dark area around the mouth; keep the mixture for 20 minutes. Then wash it off with plain water. The mixture gives shine to the darkened skin.
- Mix oatmeal and tomato juice with curd, apply it on the dark skin around the mouth. Wash the pack after 15 minutes with plain water. This will give glow to the darkened skin.
- Sliced raw potato also acts as a whitening agent.
- Lime juice with turmeric powder can lighten the dark area around the mouth. Lime juice is a natural whitening agent.
- A scrub made from mixture of orange peel and curd rubbed around the mouth can reduce scars, and dark pigmentation around the mouth.
- Almond oil or almond paste can be applied on the dark area around the mouth.
- There is no particular diet for fair skin but a balanced diet, containing essential nutrients are helpful to glow the skin.
- Avoid oily and spicy food.
- Drink plenty of liquids and fruit juice