There are a lot of reasons and factors to consider why some women have dark and rough skin around the vagina. There are certain women who are born with such kind of skin tone and texture, hence, there’s nothing much we can do. However, these are the following factors why a person may have dark and rough skin around the vaginal area.
Causes of Dark and Rough Skin around Vagina
- As a woman ages, the integrity of the skin as well degrades and ages as well. This would result to the thinning of the muscles.
- As the skin tone of the vagina begins to degrade, the it’s color changes as well. It would turn dark around the vagina area. This would be fairly common in elderly women and most especially to women who have given birth.
- Pregnant women usually would have increased pigmentations in their skin thus causing the darkening of the areas in the vagina.
- The presence of sexually transmitted diseases would also cause the dark pigmentation in the vaginal area of a woman.
How to Prevent Dark Skin from Happening
Getting dark and rough skin around the vagina usually happens because of the kind of lifestyle especially the kind of clothes that women wear.
- Avoid wearing underwear that are made out of synthetic material and that are too tight for you.
- Avoid wearing tight and skinny jeans. Wearing these kind of material would cause an abrasion and result to irritation to your vaginal area. Prolonged use of tight clothing and constant contact with the garter and the skin would aggravate the condition of dark pigmentation and roughness.
- From time to time, observe proper hygiene especially around the vagina.
- When taking a bath, try rubbing the external area with baking soda or a slice of lemon. It would usually help lessen the dark pigmentation in the area.
Home Remedies and Treatment for Dark Skin in Vaginal Area
If you have dark and rough skin around your vagina, these are the simple things you might want to consider trying:
- There are some creams and ointments prescribed by your dermatologist to even out and make your skin tone smooth and have a lighter complexion.
- Use a slice of papaya and rub it against the area that has dark pigmentations.
- Always bear in mind if there are any signs and symptoms of infection, seek medical help immediately.