Breakfast is the most important of all meals that you eat. It is extremely essential for good health and management of weight. Many people because of their busy morning schedule often skip their breakfast. They do not consider breakfast as a priority. They fail to realize that taking 10 or 15 minutes time for breakfast is actually providing fuel to the brain and body after 8 to 12 hours overnight fast. Researchers say breakfast must be eaten within 2 hours after you get up in morning. It must be made up of simple but healthy food choices such as oats, whole grain bread, milk, egg, cheese, some sprouts, fruits, etc.
Reasons to Eat Breakfast
Breakfast is truly breaking- fast after good night sleep. Here are several benefits of eating breakfast.
- Eating breakfast gives you more energy in the morning. It gives boost to your metabolic activity.
- Eating breakfast also improve alertness, memory and concentration in adults as well as children. School going children must always eat their breakfast.
- Those who eat their breakfast get more amount of fiber, vitamin C and A, calcium and other minerals than those who skip their breakfast.
- Regular breakfast helps to keep sugar level stable throughout the day. Person suffering from diabetes mellitus must always eat his breakfast. If you skip breakfast, you are more likely to eat high sugar food and fatty items in mid morning meal.
- When you eat healthy and nutritious food in your breakfast, your habit of overeating comes to a halt.
- Eating nutritious breakfast keeps you full for a longer time. Hence you intake of calories will be less. Thus it helps in controlling your weight.
- Person who skips breakfast has less energy level and his performance for any physical work reduces.
- Eating breakfast besides energizing your body also energizes your brain. The carbohydrates in breakfast provide necessary sugar (fuel) for the brain. Thus it is good to lower stress level.
- LDL cholesterol is considered as bad cholesterol. Eating breakfast helps to reduce LDL cholesterol in the body. Skipping breakfast lowers your metabolic rate. Your body then starts to store fat for longer period of time. You may feel hungrier during lunch and overeat. This increases the risk of obesity and simultaneous increase level of LDL cholesterol in blood.