Cures for Armpit Boils
- Armpit boils are caused due to inflammation of the hair follicles of the armpit. Due to improper hygiene there is infection of the sweat glands and hair follicles causing boils.
- Boils are localized, tender, painful, inflamed and sometimes pus-filled when there is bacterial infection. In the pus filled boils there are chances of cellulitis. It is the inflammation of the skin tissue causing toxic effects. Fever is present when there is cellulitis.
- Boils are usually due to bacterial infection by staphylococcus bacteria which enters the hair follicles causing boils. Most commonly this is the major cause. Some other factors are also present which may cause boils that are low vitality (immune-compromised state) and faulty diet and eating habits.
How to Prevent Boils on Armpit (Preventions Measures)
Drink plenty of water as it helps in removal of toxins from the body. Maintain self hygiene. Remove hair from armpits. Take a fresh air walk. Eat simple and well-balanced diet. Avoid alcohol, tobacco in any form and any substance which hamper the removal of toxic substance from the body and decreases the vitality.
Home Remedies to Treat Armpit Boils
- Turmeric is a well known home remedy for many years. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. In case of pus-filled boil turmeric roots are burnt and ash of it mixed with water. Apply this over the boil. This hastens pus-formation and opens the boil.
- Betel leaves are very helpful in this condition. This is also an olden day’s remedy for boils. A leaf of betel is dipped in warm water for some time till it becomes soft. Castor oil is spread over it. This is then applied over the boils region. This preparation is changed every hour or so. This hastens ripening and ruptures of the boil.
- Neem leaves are an effective home remedy in treating boils. This can be prepared by adding 15-20gm of leaves into half a liter of water. This is boiled till the preparation is reduced to 1/3rd of its original amount. This preparation is applied locally for treatment of boil.
Treatment and Home Remedies for Armpit Boils
While some people prefer to go to a doctor to have their underarm boils treated, you can actually get a bit of relief from these painful bumps in the comfort of your home with the use of some of these useful remedies:
- Cornmeal can be used to help treat underarm boils. Simply create a paste out of boiling water and finely ground cornmeal. Cool down and apply like a poultice on the boil. This paste will dry out the boil due to the absorptive properties of the ingredients. Repeat the application every hour or so whenever the cornmeal paste dries out to draw out the fluids in the boil.
- Who would have thought that bacon can be used for medicinal purposes? Use bacon to draw out the liquid of a painful underarm boil by salting a piece of bacon and placing it between a couple of pieces of cloth. Use this method to draw out the boil’s pus by continuously applying this bacon, salt, and cloth mix to the boil throughout the day.
- Onions can also be used to treat boils found under your arms. Simply cut an onion in half and place the raw side on the boil and tie this securely with a piece of cloth or cloth bandage. Change the onion once every few hours until the pus in the boil drains itself out.
- Milk is also useful for treating boils. Get a cup of heated milk and add 3 teaspoons of salt little by little, dissolving thoroughly after each addition. Simmer this mixture and add some flour to thicken. Use this thickened solution to your boil and refresh the application every thirty minutes.
- Egg whites are also used as an age old remedy to boils. Simply hard-boil an egg or two and peel the egg and remove the yolk from the egg. Wet the remaining egg white and apply directly over the boil. Keep the egg white in place by tying it to the boil with the use of cloth or cloth bandages. Change every few hours until the pus drains itself from the boil.