You may find an anxious person, a fearful person having shaky hands, it is a normal response of body to the situation. It exhibits the state of mind and the stress related to the situation.
What Causes Shaky Hands?
Normally our hands shake to a minimal, and it is not perceptible, shaky hands is a physiological phenomenon, where the muscle fibers of our hands continuously relax and contract. But there are some medical conditions where the hands starts to shake and they are visible to others. For e.g. while writing, when holding a cup of tea.
Shaky hand in medical terms is referred to as tremors.
Causes Of Tremors In Hands
There are various types of causes for shaky hands:
- Parkinsons disease
- Alcohol intoxication
- Excessive tea and coffee
- Low blood sugar level
- Essential tremors: here the muscles of the hand contract and relax together, which can be noticed. Essential shaky hands are not due to any medical condition.
It is hereditary, in persons around 40 and above, becomes worse when you use hands to do some work.
Treatment Of Hand Tremors Or Shaky Hands
- Relaxation treatment with meditation, yoga and deep breathing will help in shaky hand syndrome in psychological causes like fear , depression and anxiety.
- Limit the use of alcohol and smoking.
- Cut coffee and tea intake as they contain caffeine, this stimulates the nerves and contraction of muscles.
- The co-ordination and control of muscular movement is best treated with physiotherapy exercise.
- Mild weight lifting will help the individual with shaky hands in long run. It will help in co-ordination and strengthening of the hand muscles.