Question: What condition can cause scanty production of sperm? What are the possible causes of scanty sperm? Do you recommend any natural treatment for this?
Answer: Less sperm count can be the main reason for sterility in males.
Causes of Less Sperm Production
- Age: As the age advances the sperm count, motility and viscosity in many male decreases.
- Stress physical and mental: Any type of stress can temporarily reduce the sperm count.
- If the testicles are exposed to extreme heat conditions or work environment, there is tendency for less sperm production.
- Varicocele: Here the veins of the testicle become tortuous and the feeling is like a bunch of grapes. Scanty sperms are found in this condition.
- Tobacco, cocaine and other drugs can cause low sperm count, low motility, and reduce the life span.
- Malnourishment: Lack of vitamins and mineral deficiencies can result into scanty sperm count. Vitamin most valuable for increasing the sperm count are Vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C. lack of minerals such as Selenium, Zinc can also be the reason for scanty sperm count.
- Abnormality in the vas deferens, the tube carrying the sperms.
- Excessive radiation can affect the cells producing sperms and thus may be one of the causes of scanty sperm production.
- Toxins, chemical and infections can cause scanty sperm count. E.g. DDT, hydrocarbons, dioxin’s, arsenic, cadmium.
Treatment for Scanty Sperm Count
- Treat the cause like varicocele by surgical intervention
- Change your life style, reduce stress, and avoid tobacco, drugs, and alcohol.
- Eat bananas, oysters, almonds they are rich in zinc.
- Reduce your weight if you are obese.