Impotence or erectile dysfunction is the inability in men to have and maintain erection, sufficient for a sexual intercourse. For some men there are brief episodes of erectile dysfunction and for others it may become chronic. Though it may occur at young age also, but is common after the age of 65 years.
Causes Of Impotence Or Erectile Dysfunction
- Diabetes, nerve disorders, circulatory problems and heart disease.
- Side effects of medications used for high blood pressure, anti-inflammatory drugs, tranquilizers and anti-depressants.
- Low levels or testosterone, hormone, prostrate surgery, excessive use of alcohol and smoking.
- Anxiety, stress and depression. Stress is the chief cause. Stress, tension, anxiety and apprehension cause impotence. Depression and guilt are other factors that lead to impotence in young men.
- Performance anxiety is another triggering factor.
- Fear of a resulting pregnancy.
- Fear of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Immaturity and inexperience.
- Fear of getting caught.
- Being rushed to complete the act.
Home Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction
- Obesity should be treated, as it leads to blood pressure and heart problems, which are indirectly related to erectile dysfunction factors.
- Exercise regularly as it helps to stimulate sexuality.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol intake.
- Rather than becoming anxious to achieve an orgasm, focus on caressing and kissing.
- Avoid stress as stress and other emotional factors can reduce libido (sexual desire) and the ability to achieve or maintain suitable erection.
- One of the foremost steps in managing impotence in young men is to assess the trigger. If they are extremely nervous about having sex, it is essential to figure out the exact cause for anxiety and fear.
- Stress busting and relaxing are important aspects of fighting impotence.
- Some herbal remedies help battle impotence and erectile dysfunction. Most cases of impotence are linked to anxiety, thus, using calming and comforting herbs like: wild oats, passion flower and lavender help relax and diminish apprehension.