Erection is a neurovascular (involving nerves and arteries) reflex which depends on a correct hormonal environment in the body, a healthy penile anatomy, adequate blood supply and well functioning nervous apparatus. When this erectile response is impaired, a man is known to be suffering from erectile dysfunction.
The inability of men to achieve erection or to obtain erection but has difficulty in sustaining it in order to complete an entire sexual act is medically termed as erectile dysfunction. It takes place when there is insufficient supply of blood to the penis and when the penis fails to withhold the blood that enters into its arteries.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction In Young Men?
Some of the common causes of erectile dysfunction in young men include:
- Side effects of certain medications.
- Heart diseases.
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Thick fatty deposits in the arteries.
- Drug abuse.
- High blood pressure.
- Cigarette smoking.
- Excessive intake of alcohol.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Post operation from prostate cancer.
- Injuries involving the spinal cord.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Peyronie’s disease.
Home Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction
Some of the erectile dysfunction remedies and natural treatment in young men includes the following:
- To stimulate the increase of blood supply to the penis, exercise regularly as it improves blood circulation. It would also unblock the arteries that lead to heart problems.
- Regular brisk walking for thirty minutes will help to increase the blood circulation in person having erectile dysfunction.
- Eat foods that are rich in iron and protein such as peanuts, oysters, and other seafood.
- Practice clean living. Detoxify yourself by getting rid of abusive substances like alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes.
- Clear your mind from worries, problems, and unwanted thoughts when you are about to engage in sexual activity.
- Distress yourself by engaging in a hobby or having a relaxing bath after a busy day.
- Psychiatric examination of both partners is essential. The quality of their relationship must be assessed when there is erectile dysfunction in man.
- The person is advised to check his flow of urine when urinating and then start again. Repeat this at least five times in a day.