Stomach Massage for Constipation Relief
- Stomach massage for constipation is done by applying small circular movements starting at the right side of your appendix then move upward till you reach your rib cage. Apply light pressure at first then increase the pressure gradually on your next sessions.
- When you reach your rib cage, with the same small circular movements, move diagonally down to your left side until you reach just below your navel.
- Massage diagonally up and to the left until you reach the lower and outer left rib cage.
- Massage straight down to your groin until your reach your thigh.
Massage Tips to Improve Digestion and Relieve Bloating
- Stomach massage to relieve constipation should not be administered after a heavy meal. As much as possible, the stomach should be empty before going thru a massage session.
- Avoid food intake 2 to 3 hours before having a massage.
- Make sure that the bladder is empty before undergoing thru a massage.
- Stomach massage for bloating should be avoided if there is any case of bleeding in the brain, stomach or lungs.
- Stomach massage should not be conducted if the recipient is pregnant or is menstruating.
- Abdominal massage should not be administered if the subject is suffering from uterine inflammation or problems concerning the ovaries, bladder and fallopian tubes.
- Stomach massage should not also be done on individuals with hernia.
Patients with ulcers in the stomach and intestine should also avoid getting an abdominal massage.