Massage therapy is an old practice of treating illnesses of various natures, from backache to stomachache, from headache to foot problems.
Massage therapy is rubbing and kneading of the muscles and joints, to get relief from pain and tension.
Massage For Upset Stomach
Benefits of stomach massage are more in the conditions of nausea, vomiting, indigestion and diarrhea, cramps etc. Stomach massage gives room for its organs to lie comfortably in the abdomen.
A gentle and rhythmic approach is always advised in cases of massage for stomach upset, as the stomach is the least protected area.
Stomach Massage Techniques
How to massage the stomach when it is upset:
- Lie down on your back, and pull up your clothes to make the abdomen and stomach area bare. This facilitates massage to be done in a proper manner.
- Rub your palms until they are warm.
- Place your palm one upon the other on the umbilicus area.
- Now apply some essential oil such as mustard oil on the palms, to give free movement while massaging the abdomen.
- Now with your palm and fingers massage the abdomen with a fair amount of pressure, which you are comfortable with.
- Begin rubbing in small circles and gradually increase it to a bigger one.
- Feel the heat of the massage passing through the abdomen.
- Continue this movement for 20 to 20 times, and then cover the abdomen with clothes to keep it warm.
Benefits Of Stomach Massage
How does massage for upset stomach help?
- It increases circulation of the stomach.
- It helps in proper bowel movements.
- It helps the toxins to get expelled.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Relaxes muscle spasms.