Massage has been used as a natural fertility treatment technique for several centuries across the globe. This treatment therapy can be used in conjunction with modern treatment protocols. There are several claims of the ability of massage therapy to enhance the success rate of IVF procedures by promoting implantation of the embryo. Recent studies have indicated that massage therapy in women undergoing an IVF procedure, increases the success rate of the implantation
Self Fertility Massage Techniques
- Use Almond oil or Olive oil for massage therapy. Apply the oil on your hand.
- Now using your fingers apply gentle pressure on the abdomen between the pubic bone and the navel.
- Gradually increase the pressure. Ensure that your massage strokes are in circular motions going all the way down to the lower abdominal region.
Abdominal Massage For Fertility
- Lie down and place a pillow below or knees to reduce the strain on your back
- Gently massage using your finger tips. Begin with the pubic bone and gradually move upwards towards the uterus. Ensure that you begin with mild pressure and gradually increase the level of pressure depending upon your comfort
- As you move upwards, stroke the abdomen, in an upward direction, in a way that you gently push the uterus upwards towards the navel.
Massage Therapy For Fertility Benefits
Massage therapy has been found to be beneficial in the management of several infertility conditions including endometriosis, poor ovulation patterns, and failure of embryo implantation on the uterine wall. Massage therapy is known to improve the uterine ecology and aid in quick conception. Massage therapy has also been found to work effectively in congruence with modern medical treatment protocols.
Benefits of massage for fertility include:
- Regularizing and normalizing the menstrual cycle.
- Regulating ovulation.
- Increasing cervical mucous, which is essential to promote conception.
- Reducing menstrual cramps and clots.
- Reducing pain and boosts fertility.
- Improving the quality and health of the ovum.
- Effective in treatment of endometriosis, uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts.