Itchy lips allergy can be a result of a skin condition called contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction of the skin when exposed to certain allergens. Allergies usually manifest the following symptoms:
- Redness of the infected area
- Pink or red bumps
- Rashes on the affected area
- Presence of bumps with clear liquid inside or pus
If the symptoms of allergy are visible on the lip area, chances are, its causes are possible exposure to allergens and chemicals present in oral products or intake of food you are allergic to.
Home Remedies to Treat itchy lips allergy
To treat your itchy lips allergy, it is important for you to determine your allergic history or to identify which products or materials you were exposed to cause your allergic reaction.However, you can manage your itchy lips allergy even without prescription. You just have to follow these safe and simple home remedies:
- Use lip herbal balm or petroleum jelly to soothe the blisters or rashes allergy might have incurred on your lips, but you should avoid flavored lip balms since they encourage lip licking and will further dry your lips. You can also use aloe vera gel to moisturize your lips.
- Drink plenty of water to neutralize and flush out the toxins in your body the natural way. Experts recommend more than 10 glasses of water a day to meet your hydration need. It would also be better if you would drink heated or warm water or tea all throughout the day to allow your body to absorb the much needed moisture.
- More importantly, you should watch your diet as it would strengthen your immune system and will help your body fight off allergens.
- Use gentle and hypoallergenic bath products including cosmetics with harsh chemicals to avoid itchy lips allergy.