Sun Spot Laser Treatment
This is a popular procedure that is also known as laser age spot removal. It is a non-invasive procedure that can be done on an outpatient basis. It also has very little downtime and recovery is quick.
What Are Sun Spots?
- These are freckle-like blemishes on the skin that may be a result of over exposure to the sun
- They are mostly found on places that get sun exposure including the face, the neck, the chest area, the legs and the arms
- The spots can be as small as a pea to as big as dime. They are usually flat and have an even coloration.
Before Having Sun Spots Removed
- Patients who have enough sun exposure to bring on sun spots are susceptible to cancer
- It is important that dermatologists screen for cancer before having the spots removed
Laser Age Spot Removal Recovery
- Removal of sun spots is a non-invasive procedure and for most patients, recovery is going to be quick. People who have had the procedure one were able to go back to work a few hours after the procedure was completed.
- However, it is also important to point out that every person is going to be different. Some people may have to the entire day off so that they can properly de-stress after the procedure is done.
- Even when bigger sun spots are removed, recovery is still fairly quick.
- The effects of the procedure are going to go away on their own and improvement may be observed starting from 5 days. Recovery is expected in 7 to 14 days of the procedure.
Laser Sun Spot Removal Costs
The cost of laser age spot procedure is going to depend on several factors, these include:
- The size of the area treated
- The type of technology used
- The location of the clinic where the procedure is done – the higher the demand in an area, the higher the cost of the procedure will be
- The doctor performing the procedure – more popular doctors may choose to charge more