Laser Skin Spots Removal
This is a procedure that makes use of target lasers in order to remove blemishes on the skin. It works by peeling of the first layer of the skin, revealing the newer layer underneath and strengthening collagen bonds.
Is the Procedure Painful?
Yes, there will be some pain experienced by patients who undergo the procedure. Most patients, however, don’t complain and only report it a mild annoyance.
A patient who is concerned about pain can ask their doctor for some topical anesthetic if they want to.
How Long Before You See Results?
Most of the time, it will take up to 3 or 4 sessions before a patient is going to see any results.Smaller and lighter spots will most likely show results after the side effects of the first treatment have gone down.
Laser Spot Removal Side Effects
Here are some of the minor side effects of the procedure:
- Slight Swelling
- Itching or pain
- Crusting or flaking of the skin
In some cases, patients may also exhibit the following side effects:
These procedures can be avoided with the use of the proper laser strength. Proper screening of whether or not a patient is a good candidate for the procedure is really important as well.
Laser Spot Removal Recovery, Cost
- There is a very short recovery time for people who have undergone laser spot removal
- In most cases, patients have gone back to work the day after they had the procedure done
- For a few weeks after removal, patients may experience some minor side effects.
- The skin will go back to normal in 7 to 10 days after the procedure.
The cost of the procedure is going to vary depending on the extent of the procedure done. Other factors that come into play include:
- Technology being used
- Experience of the doctor doing the procedure
- Location of the clinic where the procedure is done
- Demand for the procedure