Laser Gum Treatment
The mouth is among the most used and exposed parts of the human body. Thus, it is often the location of a number of problems in its parts – tooth decay, bad breath, and gum disease are just some examples.
- Though gum disease is a common ailment affecting millions of people worldwide, it can be treated.
- Laser surgery methods have been proven to be effective in solving gum problems.
- Compared to traditional dental surgery methods, laser treatment would require reduced anesthesia and speedier recovery of the patient. The side effects are also minimal as with the discomfort that the patient will experience after surgery.
- In laser surgery, a beam of light in a certain wavelength removes the diseased parts and helps eliminate the infection. Then, the nerve endings are sealed and the wound is cauterized. All these procedures are done without direct incision by any instrument. Because of this, bleeding is not going to be a problem at all.
Laser Gum Surgery Cost
- The cost of the procedure will greatly vary, depending on a lot of factors. Of course, the larger the area to be treated is, the larger the cost would be. The severity of the ailment is also another factor. Doctors would also differ in the amount they charge for professional fees.
- Though the laser surgery would not differ much in the cost of the traditional surgeries, recovery with the former is speedier.
Laser Gum Surgery Recovery
- Recovery differs among patients and various contributing factors could also affect it. If the area treated was large, then the recovery would be slower than if the area was smaller. There are also patients who tend to heal faster than others.
Laser Gum Surgery Side Effects
- Swelling and bruising could occur. The patient could also feel discomfort.
- In any surgical procedure, there is always a chance of infection.