Cellulite is actually pockets of fat. It is caused by the loss of proper support in collagen of parts of the skin that are high in fat. They can be caused by age or by an overstretching of skin as a result of too much weight. Cellulite is more common in women than in men as women are fattier and less muscular in the buttocks, hips, thighs and arms.
For women who are frustrated and embarrassed to wear certain clothing because of cellulite, laser treatment has become a very popular procedure, especially since it is non-invasive and since it has a good success rate.The short recovery period has also helped it to become even more popular.
- Laser removal of cellulite works by destroying the structures that create the dimples on the skin.
- The heat from the laser also helps to tighten the skin that can cause it to produce more collagen. This makes the skin supple and smooth.
- The procedure will involve some massage and manipulation of the area involved.
- Patients undergoing the procedure will experience some heat under the skin.
- The procedure also works to melt away some of the fat in the areas where cellulite is found.
Does laser cellulite removal work? Yes. But it is going to take more than just one session for a patient to see any results. It is important to understand that several treatments are needed to be able to fully get rid of cellulite with laser therapy.
Cost Of Laser Cellulite Removal
The cost of laser cellulite treatment procedure is going to depend on a number of factors, they include:
- Extent of Procedure – If you have large areas with cellulite, it is most likely going to cost more because the laser will be used for longer.
- Type of technology used – Some laser technologies are going to be newer and more complicated, they are also going to be more expensive.
- Location of the clinic – Clinics found in places that have high demand for such procedure will certainly ask more for their procedures than for those done in places where there is little to no demand.
- Since cellulite removal is cosmetic laser surgery, many insurance companies do not reimburse the cost.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Cellulite
Cellulite is actually adipose cells or fat cells that push through the wall of the cell in to the middle layer of the skin. As a consequence; they exert a pull on the connective tissue and, this result, in the formation of ‘cottage cheese appearance of the skin’ or ‘orange rind skin’.
To get rid of cellulite, you need to reinforce the cells and the connective tissue of the body. Hydration is equally important.
- Embarking on to a detox diet is largely advocated. Incorporating limes, lemons, oranges, only fresh fruits and vegetables, dates and raisins helps purge the colon clean. The diet also purifies the blood and rejuvenates you.
- Steer clear of aerated beverages, junk food, processed foods, saturated fats and trans fats.
- Alcohol and tobacco is a complete no-no.
- Drink at least 12 glasses of water every day. Water flushes out your system and expels out all toxins efficiently.
- Let the last body rinse be with cold water. Cold water closes up the pores and gives the skin the needed sheen.
- Also, before the bath dry brush your skin with a rough towel. It boosts blood circulation through the body, eliminates toxic matter via the lymph and gets rid of dead cells.
- Attain ideal body weight.
- Experts widely believe that a lifestyle overhaul is your answer to cellulite removal. Regular exercise, a consistent lifestyle and a wholesome diet will help in reducing cellulite on back of thighs.
- Cellulite builds up when muscles get tensed. Muscles get tensed when you are feeling stressed. You have to relax. Try yoga for an anti-stress, anti-cellulite remedy. Yoga gives your muscles good stretch and relaxes you all over.
- People who are constipated are often seen to have cellulite. To combat constipation eat plenty of high fiber foods such as green vegetables and grain every day.