Laser Epilation Procedure
Laser beard epilation is a procedure one to remove the beard hair permanently. Even though the procedure is effective, it does have its limitations. It also has some side effects that patients need to be aware of.
Laser epilation does not work for everyone. It is most ideal for the following types of people:
- Those have naturally dark hair
- Patients who have light skin
- People with coarse hair
In general, this type of procedure works the best for individuals who have light skin and dark coarse hair. Men with thick full beards are ideal candidates.Women who want to have the mustaches on their upper lips removed, may not have much success especially if the hair is light in color.
Laser Beard Removal Before and After Tips
- Since this is a permanent procedure, patients have to make sure that this is what they want
- Proper screening is necessary to make sure that the patient is the right candidate for the procedure performed
- Testing may be necessary to see how the patient reacts to the laser
- Patients who are prone to scarring may not be good candidates for the procedure.
- Patients may be given some medication and ointments to helps deal with the side effects of the procedure
- Patients need to report serious side effects to their doctors immediately
- It may take several procedures before the results become permanent
Laser Beard Removal Costs
The cost of permanent beard removal is going to depend on a number of factors. These include:
- The amount of hair to be removed
- The type laser used – there are many different types of lasers that can be used with this procedure. Some of the newer lasers may cost more than the older technology.
- Location – the higher the demand for the procedure, the more procedure is going to cost. Demand is usually dependent on location.