Laser facial surgery is also known as facial resurfacing. It is commonly performed in dermatologist clinics. It also uses several different procedures and techniques.
- The face laser surgery procedure involves peeling off the upper layer of the skin with use of a laser
- It has been shown to help improve the look of the skin on the face
- It is effective in removing pimple marks, mild scarring, wrinkles, and even sun damage.
- It is often used by patients who have issues with acne
- Facial laser skin resurfacing procedure can also even out the pigmentation of the skin on the face
- The skin can also seem tighter after the procedure.
- Many people see it as an alternative to a full facelift.
- The procedure is done under local anesthesia.
- It can be an outpatient procedure, but patients can also stay in the hospital overnight. Patients who go home should have someone to stay with them overnight or for 24 hours.
What to Expect After Facial Laser Surgery
Here are some symptoms patients can expect after a laser facial surgery procedure
- Redness or a Raw Appearance to the Skin
- Mild Pain or Burning
- Wetness on the skin – The peeled skin can appear moist and can be warm to the touch.
- Scaling and Crusting – This can happen without the proper post procedural treatment.
After surgery, patients are going to be given specific instructions like not to expose themselves to direct sunlight while they are recuperating.
Patients are also going to be given certain creams and lotions that will help care for the skin.
How Much Does Face Laser Surgery Cost
The cost of laser facial surgeryis going to depend on the extent of the procedure done. Mild treatments are going to be cheaper, full peels are a bit more costly.