What Is Azoospermia?
Azoospermia is a medical condition in males wherein there is no sperm count in the semen. It occurs in every 1% of the male population.
Causes Of Azoospermia
Azoospermia causes include the following:
- Hormonal imbalance in which hormone controls the production and the health of the sperm. Certain conditions that affect the hormone production affect the sperm count.
- Cryptorchidism is a medical condition wherein the testes fails to descend to the scrotum.
- Vascular problems particularly a varicocele (dilated veins) in the testes. This causes increased warmth that is not conducive to sperm health.
- Infection from infectious process such as sexually transmitted diseases can cause blockage in the passage of the sperm.
- Vasectomy, a type of artificial birth control method wherein the pathway of the sperm (vas deferens) is surgically cut.
- Genetic abnormality of the male reproductive system.
- Trauma to the nerves that controls that male reproductive system that greatly affects its physiology
- Certain drugs and radiation
Symptoms of Azoospermia
Among the azoospermia symptoms, only infertility or the inability for a man to impregnate his partner after one year of unprotected coitus is the most defined.
Treatment for Azoospermia
Treatment and home remedies for azoospermia can be made through the following solutions:
- Avoid smoking, alcohol drinking, and other similar habits that can affect sperm production.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat nutritious food and reduce caffeine consumption.
- Wear loose underwear.
- Engage in yoga and meditation.
- Massage your body with herbal oil helps improve blood circulation.
Lastly, consider some supplements directed towards increasing sperm production.