Toothache is a miserable dental ailment that can affect any individual. Adults and children alike can become victim of intense and unbearable tooth pain. Due to its severity the person becomes restless and many times even eating and drinking fluids worsens the pain.
The most common cause of toothache is a large cavity in the tooth. This can be detected with naked eye if it is large enough but not if it is in between the surface of the tooth. Many times there is swelling in the gums together with toothache. This is usually a collection of pus in the pulp as a result of infection.Toothache can also occur as a result of cracked tooth.
Quick Home Remedies For Toothache
There are many over the counter drugs that can give fast toothache relief, but these medicines may have other side effects. In order to get fast relief from the intolerable tooth pain there are effective home remedies that ease the pain for considerable period, until you fix an appointment with your dentist.
You will be surprised to know some of the home remedies are already in your kitchen cabinet. You can make use of them even in middle of the night when other substitutes are not available.
Following are some of the fast acting toothache relief remedies.
- Soak a cotton pledget in clove oil and insert it in the lesion. Cloves are considered as the best remedy for toothache. You can also chew a clove piece.
- You may have heard of guava fruit which has immense vitamin C. Chewing the leaves of guava tree gives fast toothache relief.
- Another effective fast cure for toothache is chewing a garlic clove.
- You can also place a garlic clove on the affected tooth with a pinch of rock salt. It acts fast to reduce the pain in tooth cavities.
- Instead of garlic you can place small piece of onion over the affected tooth to get relief from pain.
How To Get Rid Of A Toothache Fast?
- Thorough rinsing the mouth with salt water as often as possible helps in relieving pain produced due to infected tooth cavity.
- Massage mustard oil mixed with rock salt on the area around the toothache. Massaging with mustard oil brings relief within few minutes and the effect remains for long time.
- Pour 2 to 3 drops of vanilla extract drops on the aching tooth. It gives immediate relief from tooth pain.
- Wheat grass is the best home remedy for curing tooth pain. Extract wheat grass juice and use it as a mouthwash. You can also chew wheat grass for getting fast relief from toothache.
- Another simple home remedy for fast relief of toothache is to apply turmeric mixed with mustard oil in the tooth cavity or a massage with this mixture.
- Many people have found relief from massaging the earlobe on the side of your toothache. Massage your earlobe gently for 10 minutes while you chew a clove of garlic for double benefit.
- An ice cube placed on the painful tooth gives relief within minutes of its application.
- You may not drink it, but you can use alcohol in the form of whiskey for mouth rinse. It is an effective way to numb the pain of a decayed tooth.