Foot detoxification is a process of removing impurities and toxins out of the body. This comes in two forms – the foot detox bath and the detox foot pad.
The cells in the body become unstable and unbalanced because of a number of factors. These include:
- Inactivity or lack of exercise
- Smoking and alcohol intake
- Poor nutrition
When there is too much toxins accumulated in the body, it results to certain conditions like:
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Bad breath and body odor
- Colds and flu condition
Through foot detox, the toxins in the body are carried out and eliminated through the pores in the feet.
Foot Detox Treatment At Home
- In the foot detox bath, the feet are soaked in a basin or tub machine full of warm water with sea salt. To iodize the water, a coil is placed in the basin. This will help release the impurities and toxins through sweat which comes out from the foot soles.
- Once the feet are soaked in the detox machine or basin, the user need to wait for 30 minutes until it finishes the process.
- For best result, the foot detoxification has to be done every other day for 14 times. And it is said that foot detox is the most effective form of detoxification as there are more sweat glands in the feet area than any other body part.
- Normal activities can be resumed once the foot detox session has been completed. Consuming a lot of water is also advised to replenish the minerals which have possibly been carried out during the detoxification process.
Recipe For Homemade Detox Foot Bath
There are several easy recipes for foot detox soak that anyone can do at home, and ingredients are readily available in the kitchen. The following are some:
- Honey foot bath: Combine 1 tablespoon of liquid soap in 1 tablespoon of honey. And then, add two tablespoons of sweet almond oil and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mix the entire solution in the foot bath containing warm water. Soak feet for around 30 minutes. Honey has antibacterial and antioxidant properties and also helps in moisturizing the skin.
- Tea Solution: In a tub filled with warm water, put a chamomile tea bag, peppermint tea bag and a cup of Epsom salt. Soak feet for 20 to 30 minutes. Aside from detoxifying, the solution has a deodorizing effect on the feet.