Heart Pounding When Lying Down
Have you experienced heart pounding when lying down? This can hardly be considered a disease but rather a congregate of symptoms. Patients describe this sensation as an often fast, slow, regular, or irregular heartbeat. This sensation is also referred to by patients as palpitations.
What Causes Heart Pounding
This condition can be triggered by certain factors such as the following:
- Extra or premature beating of the heart when the normal electrical impulses of the body rise to abnormal levels
- Palpitations are generally common and last for a few seconds. However, frequent pounding in chest may need immediate medical attention.
Heart Pounding Symptoms
The following, ranging from normal to dangerous conditions, can be associated with the condition:
- Fluttering in the chest
- Light headedness
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure in the chest
- Pain in arms, jaws, or neck
- Abnormal beats range for more than one hundred extra beats per minute without activity, drugs, or fever
Remedies For Heart Palpitations
Apart from the concern on what causes heart pounding when lying down, the next thing that sufferers have to know are the possible remedies. Treatment include the following:
- Although most cases of palpitations need no treatment, it is important to observe how frequent it does occur.
- Also, you have to avoid certain triggers like alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, diet pills, or emotional stress.
- Meditation and relaxation also helps for relief of abnormal heart rate.