What Causes Underarm Discoloration
Perhaps you have thought that having dark underarms is not really a big problem. This is not the case especially for women who are fond of wearing sleeveless dress. With such cut of dress, one’s dark underarms are easily revealed, and that is a cause of shame for any woman. So if you are one of those affected by dark and dry underarms, simply follow any of the following natural and effective treatments:
Underarm Discoloration Treatment and Home Remedies
- Prepare a pasty solution by mixing a tablespoon of curd, a teaspoon of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, and a teaspoon of milk. Apply this paste to your underarms. Leave it for at least 15 minutes before rinsing. For better results, you can leave it overnight. Regular application of this paste results to whiter and healthy-looking underarms in just a few days.
- You can also try creating a paste by mixing rose water and sandalwood powder. Mix thoroughly before applying on your underarms. Leave it there for at least 15 minutes or overnight for better results. Rose water is known to moisturize the skin while sandalwood is an effective whitening agent.
- Although there are many commercial deodorants that purports to whiten and moisturize underarms, many of these actually causes irritation. Worse, most commercial deodorants causes the underarms to become darker with regular use. So instead of using commercial deodorants, one better uses alum powder. Alum powder not only neutralizes underarm odor, it is also effective in whitening your underarms. However, when using alum powder, make sure that it is finely grounded because small pieces of ungrounded alum may cut the skin and trigger infection and irritation.
- After bathing, rub some baking soda to your underarms. Baking soda is effective in whitening dark areas. You can also leave it to your underarms overnight for better results.
- If you are searching for cleansers when washing your underarms, make sure to use fresh coconut oil, especially the extra purified variant known as virgin coconut oil. This will also moisturize your underarms, making it look healthier.
- Because lime juice and cucumber are known great bleaching agents, they are also effective in whitening your dark underarms. Simply mix a teaspoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of cucumber extract, and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply the paste regularly to your underarms for best results.