Home Remedies and Treatment for Hemorrhoids or Piles
Hemorrhoids or piles are certain types of inflammation that occur in the rectal area. These inflammations happen due to the varicose veins present near the rectum or anus. The kind of hemorrhoid experienced by a person varies depending on the area affected. One such type is the internal hemorrhoid, which generally affects the veins within the rectum causing some bleeding. There is also the prolapsed hemorrhoid, which can bulge into your anus to the outside. Lastly, the veins outside the anus, which can be really itchy and painful, are the main targets of external hemorrhoid.These types of hemorrhoid could be generally treated through with some alternative methods.
What Are the Herbal Natural Cures for Piles Disease
Almost any person can develop hemorrhoids in their anus at some period in his life. In particular, people who have parents with hemorrhoids may also experience the same predicament as well as pregnant women due to the strain of carrying the baby and overweight individuals who spend too much time lifting or standing. However, piles or hemorrhoids are generally treatable with natural herbal medicines to help relieve the pain, itching, swelling, and other discomfort.
- One useful way of treating hemorrhoid is by using a moist comfrey, which is powdered comfrey mixed with vegetable oil. This preparation can be applied as a paste. Comfrey is effective because of its properties that stimulate the immune system, hasten the development of new skin, and aid in healing the wound.
- Psyllium can also help ease the bowel movement, thereby minimizing the pain, bleeding, itching, and other symptoms.
- Witch hazel is also effective in relieving the discomforts of hemorrhoids. You can try wiping the affected area with cotton that is soaked in witch hazel. It is a good substance that gives a cool and soothing feeling.
- Moreover, aloe is also considered to be a stool softener. You can apply aloe directly into the hemorrhoids. Powdered aloe is also available in some stores, which can be used as directed.
- Drinking butcher’s broom tea that is sweetened with honey may also help you treat hemorrhoids. Butcher’s tea contains good anti-inflammatory and vaso-constricting properties that can cure hemorrhoids.
- Powdered horse chestnut also provides relief in the discomforts of hemorrhoids. By applying the powder directly into the hemorrhoid, the inflammation can be reduced.