Question: I can feel sweet smelling cloudy urine, what can I do to cure this?
When a person’s urine becomes sweet or foul smelling and cloudy, this is an indicator that one is suffering from diabetes. The smell is imparted due to the high sugar concentration in the body, thus resulting to the distinctive sweet or sour smell of one’s urine. In order to treat this, one must try to put diabetes in control.
However, being a long and tedious task in itself, it requires a lot of treatment. Nonetheless, there are things that one can do to eliminate smelly urine.The following are some of the ways you can try to achieve this:
Home Remedies and Treatment for Sweet, Foul Smelling Urine
- Consume bitter gourd in large quantities. One bitter yet effective way to use bitter gourd in eliminating smelly urine is by blending the vegetable and drinking the liquid at once. It is helpful in lowering the level of blood and sugar in the urine. To achieve the best effect, it is advised to take the juice on an empty stomach every morning.
- Drinking plenty of water is known to neutralize the acidity of the urine that gives it the distinctive sweet or sour smell. It is advised for a patient to double the amount of water taken every day.
- Java palm fruit is known to be effective in the treatment of diabetes. Taking the fruit is essential element in the elimination of smell in the urine.
- Aside from diabetes, sweet-and-sour-smelling urine can also be an indicator of some infection in the urinary tract. To cure this, one must take a lot of fluids to cleanse the urinary tract.
- Control the calorie intake. Carbohydrate-rich foods are the common sources of calories for the body. When undigested, this increases the amount of sugar in the body and bloodstream, causing one’s urine to become foul-smelling.
- If one’s doctor will allow it, one can try fasting for a few days to cleanse the body. However, one must not attempt to do this unless with the approval of a doctor. Otherwise, it can trigger even more harmful effects to the body, further worsening the condition.
- The one thing that one should not do when experiencing the problem is to take alcoholic beverages, fruit juices other than those prescribed by a doctor or take medications that are not approved by a physician. Doing any of these can affect the composition of one’s urine, contributing to it becoming foul-smelling.