Strep throat is an infection affecting the throat area including the pharynx, larynx, and tonsils. This disease is caused by virus. This is a very contagious ailment that can be easily transmitted to another human through close contact. The risk that the disease brings is magnified if it affects a pregnant woman.
Strep throat affects a pregnant woman in a way that the patient will be feeling uncomfortable and inconvenient. Difficulty in swallowing is just one of the problems that can be triggered by the disease. Moreover, there is also the risk that the baby may also experience ailments that can be disastrous to the health of both mother and child.This is the reason why treatment for strep throat is very important.
Strep Throat Treatment in Pregnancy
Although the best treatment is to take medications prescribed by the doctor, being pregnant is a fragile condition that normally rules out the option of taking medicines, even those prescribed. As such, treatment goes natural and the following are the most commonly used treatment procedures:
- Prepare a mixture of garlic, onions, and honey. Fry the onion and garlic then pound until fine. Mix with honey for better taste. Take this mixture early in the morning and as often as possible during the day.
- You can also prepare a remedy for strep throat by mixing honey and fresh lemon juice in a glass of hot water. The honey-lemon combination is proven effective in treating strep throat while the warmth of the water will help soothe the swelling.
- Before retiring to bed at night, drink a glass of hot milk mixed with turmeric powder. Being an excellent healing substance in the Orient, turmeric helps in healing swollen throat immediately. You can also drink this mixture in the morning, substituting it for a cup of your usual hot beverage.
- Gargle in the morning a glass of warm water with salt. Make sure to do this regularly for a couple of days until the strep throat is eliminated. When gargling on this mixture, make sure not to swallow it.
- You can also try drinking ginger tea to treat your strep throat. Ginger tea has a great soothing effect as the cool effect of the beverage travel down your throat. Drink this tea as often as you want and you will notice the relief it gives in a matter of days.