Having stomach cramps is a debilitating condition that prevents you from normally carrying out your work. Making it worse is that stomach cramps are likely to be caused by some internal factors that affect one’s general health as well. The causes of stomach cramps are varied, but in case you do have them, you can try any of the following treatments for stomach cramps after eating.
Home Remedies and Cures for Stomach Cramping After Eating
- One of the natural remedies to get rid of stomach cramps is to add around two grams each of black currants and fennel seeds to a half liter of water. Store this preparation overnight and by the following morning, mash the contents and take this daily. This is one of the best ways to get relief from stomach cramps. You can also add sugar to taste.
- You can also prepare topical application by preparing a paste by mashing fenugreek seeds. Mix this to a bowl of curd. You can apply this to your stomach during cramps.
- Another natural treatment for stomach cramps is to grind bael until a pulp is formed. Mix this into a glass of fresh buttermilk. Stir well before drinking. You can take this remedy as often as you want to.
- Another of the effective home remedies for stomach cramps is to mix a teaspoon of mint juice and lime juice, ginger juice and a few drops of salt. Drink this regularly to alleviate pain.
- Ginger is one of the most effective and commonly used treatments for stomach cramps especially in the orient. You can drink ginger tea to treat stomach cramps. You can also add castor oil to ginger tea for better stomach cramps treatment. You can also try combining a teaspoon if ginger tea and two teaspoons of lemon juice. Add a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar to taste. On the other hand, you can extract the juice by grating it. Rub the juice to your belly and you will notice that its cooling effect spells the difference to the treatment of your stomach cramps.
- If you suspect that the cause of your stomach cramps is due to acidity, the remedy is to drink plain soda water. Soda neutralizes the acids in the stomach, providing you instant relief from stomach cramps.
- Crush some celery leaves and add salt to it. Chew this once you feel stomach cramps. It is one of the best treatments for stomach cramps.