Every now and then, you may feel stomach acidity due to various factors you may be unaware of. Stomach acidity or stomach reflux can be due to lying in bed right after you eat. It can also be due to acid reflux empty stomach, the absence of food to digest leads to the accumulation of gastric juice in the stomach. Gastric juice is basically acidic and the accumulation of it would cause discomfort and pain the stomach. Consuming alcohol, soda drinks, and coffee on an empty stomach could also cause hyperacidity including excessive drinking of coffee.Cigarette smoking is another culprit of stomach acidity. Emotional agitation can also cause stomach acidity.
Symptoms Of Stomach Acidity
You will know if you are experiencing acid imbalance if you have the following symptoms:
- Pain On An Empty Stomach.
- Bloated Feeling.
- Hair Loss.
- Diarrhea Or Constipation.
- Candida Infections.
- Flatulence Immediately After Eating.
- Presence Of Undigested Food In Stool.
- Itchiness In The Rectal Area.
- Peeled And Unhealthy Fingernails.
- Food Allergies.
- Burning Feeling In The Stomach.
Reduce Stomach Acid Naturally With Diet
Stomach acidity can be treated by over-the-counter antacids and proton pump inhibitors but they should be taken if your stomach acidity is occasional or if you don’t frequently experience the mentioned symptoms because there are specific stomach acidity treatments prescribed and administered by medical practitioners.If you are having chronic stomach acidity, you should make some necessary lifestyle or dietary changes to minimize if not eradicate the condition. You can mitigate the effects of stomach acidity with these simple methods:
- Take more herbal diet such as teas, vegetables, and non-citrus fruits.
- Avoid spicy foods or ingredients such as chili, garlic, onion, citrus fruits like lemon, coffee, and caffeinated beverages, fatty foods including fried ones, chocolates, and alcohol.
- Quit smoking.
- Elevate your head when sleeping. In this way, you will keep the acid in your stomach.
- Control your diet. The most effective way to combat stomach acidity is by having an effective diet. Avoid eating big meals, instead taking small amounts of essential food once every two hours throughout the day. It would also be better for you to eat three hours before you sleep at night. In this way, you would prevent indigestion by allowing your stomach to fully digest the food you eat.