Home Treatment for Smelly Vaginal Discharge in Women
The vagina is one of the most sensitive parts of a woman’s body because it has the tendency to emit unwanted odor especially if not properly tended. There could be a lot of possible causes to a smelly vagina, but if the foul odor persists despite of your applied remedies, you should seek the professional advice of your gynecologist or family doctor.
Causes of a Smelly Discharge from Vagina
There are several possible causes to the foul odor of your vagina. The possible causes may include:
- Unclean underwear
- Hormonal imbalance
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Postmenstrual discharges which are normally tinged with menstrual blood
- Eating acidic and spicy dishes
- Over washing of the vagina
- Allergic reaction to certain fabric such as silk and satin
Home Remedies and Cures for Brown, While Smelly Discharge in Females
If you are among the numerous women who experience foul vaginal discharge every once in a while, do not be disheartened because it is normal for women to release vaginal discharge and it could smell depending on the underlying causes or factors.You do not have to run to your gynecologist especially if the odor is not persistent despite of your home remedies and if the vaginal odor comes with pain, swelling and itchiness. If your smell of your vagina is quite tolerable, you can apply these simple natural remedies to get rid of the unwanted smell.
- Consume dishes that are prepared with liberal amount of garlic such as sautÃ©ed dishes or you can wrap garlic in cheesecloth and insert it to the vaginal canal for fungal and bacterial remedies.
- Use cotton underwear to allow the free passage of air in your sensitive part and to avoid moisture.
- Do not overwash your vagina. Wash your vagina only twice a day because overwashing could destroy the natural flora of the vagina making it susceptible to bacterial or fungal infections.
- Observe proper hygiene. Always change your underwear every after bath or as often as you need to especially during menstrual period.
- Free yourself from depression and stress since these can contribute unwanted smell in your vagina.
- As much as possible, let your partners use a condom during sexual intercourse to prevent possible transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Splash some vinegar to the outer part of your vagina. The vinegar has antibacterial properties that are good for fighting infections.