Nasal polyps are usually mistaken for sinus or nasal infections, but nasal polyps are soft growths along the inner linings of the nasal cavities that cause inflamed cells and tissues. Nasal polyps usually look like grapes but are generally benign. Nasal polyps are jelly-like and off white in color that grows along the linings of the nasal cavities that hinders normal breathing.
Signs and Symptoms of Nasal Polyps
What do nasal polyps look like?
Nasal polyps usually give out similar signs and symptoms of sinus infections that is why it is important for you to be properly diagnosed to determine that there is indeed a presence of nasal polyps in you nasal cavities and not just mere allergies.The presence of polyps in the nasal area generally has the following symptoms:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Running nose
- Olfactory problems
- Blocked nose
- Nasal discharge
- Abnormal enlargement of expansion of nose
- Nasal speech
- Loss of sense of smell
Who Are Prone to Nasal Polyps?
People with the following conditions are most likely to be infected with nasal polyp
- People living with asthma
- People who are over 40 years old
- People with hay allergy
- those who have cystic fibrosis and sinus allergies
How Do I Cure and Shrink Nasal Polyps Using Natural Remedies
If the nasal polyps are big enough to distract your normal and free breathing, the polyps has to be taken out thru surgical procedures; but if they are small, they can be managed with these easy home remedies:
- Take a teaspoon of castor oil everyday to reduce the size of the polyp. Castor oil warms up the nasal cavity and helps get rid of the polyp.
- Spread a few drops of castor oil on your stomach then place a hot towel over it to seal in the natural heat brought by castor oil.
- Mix hot milk with a teaspoon of turmeric powder with sugar to get rid of sneezing
- Black tea with dry ginger and basil leaves helps to stop sneezing and nasal discharge
- Get some boiled water and place it on a basin. Add a few drops of eucalyptus or menthol oil and inhale the water vapor. This will help relieve your nasal congestion. Keep on inhaling the vapor while the water is still hot.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid with equal amount of baking soda, swallow it with warm water for immediate nasal congestion relief.