There are a number of factors that can cause the appearance of prickly red bumps on the skin. Some of the things that can further the formation of these itchy reddish bumps on the skin include allergies and certain diseases of the skin. These small bumps in the skin can grow large and can even result to big swollen patches. However, itchy red bumps are sometimes hard to identify along with the underlying causes. In order to know the type of cure for those red bumps on the skin, knowing the causes is very important.
Causes of Red Itchy Bumps on Skin
So what are some of the most common causes for the sudden appearance of itchy red bumps on the skin?
- As mentioned above, allergies are pointed out as the main cause of the development of red bumps on the skin. Normally, allergic reaction is the result that can be triggered by certain things such as medication, food, or airborne allergens. Red bumps on the skin can be one of the symptoms of allergic reaction. Hence, it is important to protect our body from certain kinds of harmful materials surrounding the environment.
- Some cases of itchy red bumps on the skin are the result of insect bites from bed bugs, fleas, and others.
- Scabies can also be one cause for red bumps on the skin which commonly appear in areas such as the wrist, hands, feet, armpit, elbows, and other parts of the body.
- Another skin ailment that induces the appearance of itchy red bumps on the skin is eczema. This kind of skin disease causes the development of small patches on the skin which may be acquired congenitally.
- Skin rashes, measles and folliculitis can also cause red bumps to appear in the skin.
Home Remedies and Treatment for Itchy Red Bumps
What Can I Do to Treat Itchy Red Bumps?
Treatment for red bumps on the skin and other skin diseases involve the certain methods to follow such as the ones below.
- In the case of scabies, topical ointments are generally prescribed. Oral ivermectin can also be taken as indicated by your doctor.
- Steroids such as hydrocortisone can also reduce the irritation of the red bumps.
- Ointments that have menthol or camphor can be helpful in relieving the itchiness of the red bumps.
- Most of all, nothing can really beat a clean hygiene in preventing the flourishing of bacteria in the skin. Thus, always keep your body as well your surroundings clean.