Home Remedy for Phlegm In Throat
The presence of phlegm in the body can cause a lot of discomfort that can even disrupt our daily activities. The phlegm will even bring more annoyance and discomfort if it is inside your throat. Normally, phlegm develops after a heavy cough or an infection or allergy in the body. The allergy or infection that the body has experienced can also affect the throat and causes phlegm to accumulate.
The appearance of mucus in yellow or greenish color that you spit out gives you the presence of phlegm inside the body.The type of phlegm color, however, will indicate how serious or the kind of infection the body has contracted. Although phlegm indicates that there is infection or something unusual happening in the body, it is generally curable. Phlegm in throat home remedy allows you to get rid of phlegm as well as cure the infection.
Phlegm in Throat Natural Treatment
- The top in the list of the most effective ways in eliminating phlegm in throat is the intake of liquid, especially water. You can take warm water, lemon juice, or citric juices in order to sweep out the phlegm in your throat. Hot or warm water will help relieve your throat of itching as well as expelling the phlegm out of your body. Better yet, you can also try a spoonful of honey as a home remedy for phlegm in throat.
- Inhaling steam is also a good way to relieve your throat from disruptive phlegm. What you just have to do is to heat enough water and add eucalyptus oil into the water and start inhaling the menthol vapor.
- Fruits such as oranges and lemon are also good for getting rid of phlegm in the throat. Vitamin C is helpful in fighting bacteria that are present in the phlegm and helps flush out the phlegm in the body.
- One of the home remedies for phlegm in the throat that you can also try is mixing licorice root, dry ginger, black pepper, and sugar. This licorice concoction will help stop the production of phlegm.
- Making a phlegm remedy treatment with ginger is also one helpful way of eliminating the phlegm in your throat. You can combine the ginger with other natural ingredients such as cinnamon, honey, and water. You can drink this mixture for at least twice a day to clear the phlegm in your throat.
How Can You Best Prevent Phlegm in Throat?
However, if some home remedies for phlegm in the throat have not been effective and the discomfort still persists, it is necessary that you see your doctor for other treatment options.