Are dark spots becoming a really big problem in your life? Well, for most people, dark spots can be really distracting and not to mention that every person wants to maintain smooth, clear, and fair complexion. So if you want to keep that clear and even skin, it is important to learn some ways to removing dark spots and maintaining a flawless skin.
Causes of Dark Spots on Face
Cases of dark spots in the skin have a number of causes. Reasons for the appearance of dark spots can range from biological, environmental, and even due to the kind of lifestyle that a person has.Some causes of dark spots can include the following:
- One physiological reason why dark spots occur is due to hyperpigmentation. This abnormality in the integumentary system is manifested through the appearance of discoloration in the skin. Normally, the pigments appear after pimples or bumps disappeared in the skin. Hyperpigmentation can also be traced to internal and external factors. Internal factors causing this skin discoloration can include illnesses such as Edison’s disease or hepatic problems. Excessive intake of iron can also trigger the formation of dark spots.
- Dark spots can also be caused by hormonal changes happening in the body during menopause or pregnancy.
- The increase of melanin level is also one main cause of dark spots due to certain inflammations, irritations, or much sun exposure.
Treatment and Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face
There is no reason to fret on the appearance of dark spots on the skin since this can be relatively treated or remedied at home. Some home treatments for dark spots consist of the following:
- Assuming that the dark discoloration experienced in the skin is not at all serious and fatal, lightening cream can provide great help in eliminating these skin blemishes. Although some creams require skin peelings to become effective, it is always best to consult your dermatologist for creams that are safe to apply.
- When using sunscreen, an SPF level of fifteen or higher is recommended. Applying sun block will also help you in minimizing the occurrence of skin cancer.
- Moreover, picking your pimples or zits can also result in scarring that can be a main cause of dark blemishes in the skin.
- Skin bleaching may also aid in getting rid of dark spots but this is not an instant solution. Normally, it takes a few months for the dark spots to fade. Hence, it is important that you should always take care of your skin.