Causes of Red Scars and Face
Skin redness and scars are unsightly vestiges of burns, skin infection such as acne, accident, and surgical processes. Like other skin problems, you probably would want to get rid of a seemingly permanent reminder of what you went through. But realistically speaking, removing the scars would be quite difficult unless you go through another procedure such as laser treatment. However, there are a lot of natural remedies you can apply to at least lessen the redness or visibility of scars on your skin. These home remedies are proven effective, safe, and organic.
Home Remedies for Skin and Face Redness
There are several natural remedies to reduce the redness of scar. However, you need to ensure that your skin infection or wounds from an accident is totally healed. Applying remedies on wounds that are not totally healed yet would cause infection and further skin damage. To safely lighten your skin and reduce its redness from scars, you can apply these simple procedures:
- Frequent application of ice cube on the scar to tighten the pores and eventually lighten the redness of your skin.
- Apply bleaching creams preferably those that are made from organic ingredients such as lemon juice with hydroquinone, which actively lighten red and dark skin areas.
- A concoction of black gram and sandalwood is proven to effectively help in fading the scars.
- Another mixture that speeds up the reduction of scar visibility is the application of freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with cucumber extracts on affected area. Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties because of its acidity. Apply lemon juice everyday on your scar to lighten the skin redness.
- Another home remedy is watermelon. Rub the inside skin of watermelon to your scar for immediate relief and cooling effect, which could also help in reducing skin redness.
- You can also massage the scarred area to enhance blood and nutrient circulation. By applying pressure on the affected area for at least two minutes every day, you would promote a faster healing process as the nutrients can easily reach the scarred area.
- Prepare a paste out of ground oat flakes with water and have the mixture as a substitute of your soap. This solution is guaranteed to relieve redness and itchiness of the skin.
- Applying honey over the red and scarred skin will reduce redness.
- Oils such as vitamin E and sandalwood oils will speed up the healing process. Daily application of said oils will help hasten the healing of the scabs on the injured area, but get in touch with your dermatologist to determine the amount of oil applied on your skin to prevent skin damage.
- Cod liver oil is also effective in lightening the redness of skin including scars
- Aloe vera gel is another effective way to prevent scar deepening.