Natural Treatment for High Pulse Rate
The increase of pulse rates normally happens to individuals especially after doing a strenuous work or heavy or even slight exercises, but when the increase of your pulse rate increases even without doing anything, you should immediately consult a doctor for proper medical advice. The normal pulse rate of an adult ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute, but it increase when exerting physical effort. After doing something physical, if your pulse rate doesn’t return to its normal beat after five minutes, you should consider visiting your doctor.
What Causes High Pulse Rate
There is a natural treatment for high pulse rate at rest, but before applying home remedies for high pulse rates, it is imperative for you to understand the possible factors that can lead to such condition. The factors may include the following:
- Stress and anxiety
- High blood pressure
- Cigarette smoking
- Excessive intake of intoxicants
- Excessive coffee and tea intake
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Low fiber diet
- Too much consumption of table salt
Home Remedies and Cure to Lower High Pulse Rate
If your abnormal and increased pulse rate is coupled with dizziness, nausea, pain in the nape area and lack of sensitivity in one side of the body, a medical checkup should be conducted on you. However, if you are not experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms, you can apply these effective home remedies for high pulse rates and they include:
- Relaxation. Relieving yourself from emotional stress and worries is an effective natural treatment for high pulse rate. Breathing exercise and yoga can help in bringing back your normal pulse rate.
- Getting enough rest and sleeping for at least eight hours a day will also help in melting your worries and in rejuvenating your mind and body out of stressful activities.
- Listen to classical music as it helps in calming down your mind. Engaging in a hobby such as cross stitching is also a natural treatment for high pulse rate.
- Watch your diet. Cut down your salt and processed food intake. Instead, drink lots of vegetable juices such as carrot and spinach.
- Drink at least a glass of lemon juice every day.
- Aromatherapy can also do wonders by relaxing your nerves. Light an aromatic candle while doing your warm bath or while doing your new found hobby.