The liver has too many important functions in the body. It filters harmful substances from getting into the blood stream and it ensures the normal flow of urine thru the production of urea, the main substance of urine. The liver is also responsible for storing important vitamins and minerals in the body. Normally, the blood stream does not contain liver enzymes but after laboratory tests, if your blood stream is found to have liver enzymes, it could be a symptom of diseases such as liver cirrhosis, Wilson’s disease, hepatitis, and liver damage.
What Are the Causes of Liver Diseases?
Liver enzymes are found in the bloodstream due to the damage on the walls of the liver that causes the liver enzymes to ooze and leak through the bloodstream. A lot of factors can affect the normal function of the liver and some of these factors include:
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Side effects of medication
- Acquiring of infectious diseases such as hepatitis
- Congenital liver dysfunctions or abnormalities
- Autoimmune diseases
- Tumors and Cancer
What Are The Signs and Symptoms of Liver Infection?
Liver disease is associated with the following symptoms:
- Abnormal brown patches on the skin
- Skin itching
- Dark brown urine
- Pain in the lower right chest region
Home Remedies and Cures for High Elevated Level Enzyme Count
The liver is an amazing organ.It is the only organ in the body that can regenerate and heal itself even if the damaged part reaches down to 25 percent of the total organ. However, to achieve liver regeneration, you must help your liver to heal itself. You can do these safe cures at home
- Get plenty of bed rest and sleep. Sleeping is proven to be effective for cell rejuvenation and it allows natural repair of damaged organs and skin cells.
- Get a prescribed diet. Liver malfunction will definitely require you to take a change of diet. Getting a professional dietician or nutritionist is a good option.
- Avoid fatty and oily foods. Always try and eat good food for the liver to be healthy.
- Only eat baked or boiled foods
- Take a high carbohydrate diet for faster liver regeneration
- Alcohol intake should be strictly avoided
- Avoid spicy food
- Protein from vegetables should be used instead of other sources
Although high level enzyme count can be managed at home, it is still very important for you to seek proper medical advice because the condition involves a vital body organ and its management should be properly administered.