If you want to make your skin complexion brighter, then there is little you can do about it because the skin complexion is hereditary or innate by nature. The most you can do is apply home remedies to achieve bright, clear, and glowing skin. You can opt to take scientific dermatological procedures or synthetic creams to lighten your skin but most of these can hurt your budget. The good news is, there are organic and natural solutions to dark spots and most of them do not entail large expenses.
Home Remedies and Tips for Brighter Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body, and it says a lot about you that is why most people are concerned about their skin.There are many ways to achieve brighter skin and you can even apply them at home. For a glowing skin, you can try doing the following:
- Get at least eight hours of sleep every night. Sleeping is one of the keys to a brighter and glowing skin. It allows your body to regenerate and repair dead and damaged skin cells. Notice how refreshed and radiant a person looks after a good night sleep.
- Drink lots of fluids, preferably fruit juices and 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to hydrate your skin.
- Avoid long and direct exposure to sunlight. The ultraviolet rays of the sun can speed up aging and burn the skin resulting to dehydration, dullness and wrinkling. If you would be exposed to the sun, be sure to apply sunscreen to protect your face and exposed body areas.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Eat fibrous fruits and vegetables for better digestion. Avoid eating fatty and junk foods. Opt for baked and grilled dishes instead of fried ones.
- Have a healthy lifestyle. Cigarette smoking largely contributes to the dryness of skin.
- Exercise. Regular exercise can do a lot of wonders. It unclogs the skin’s pores making the skin look radiant and refreshed.
- Observe proper hygiene. Take a shower at least once a day to ward off viruses and bacteria that could cause skin infections and illnesses. Exfoliating at least twice a week would shed off dead skin cells making way to a new and more radiant skin.
- Herbal concoctions. To achieve youthful glow, do some herbal mixtures for facial mask and topical applications on the skin.