Although there are people who are prone to experience pain in the knuckles or finger joints, average individuals can still feel knuckle pain every now and then depending on several factors. To effectively address pain in the knuckles, it is important for you to determine the underlying cause of the pain because joint pains are generally just symptoms of an underlying health condition. The common knuckles pain causes include:
Knuckle Pain Causes
- Frequent cracking of finger joints
- Bone associated diseases such as rheumatism or arthritis
- Calcium and mineral deficiency
- Hand or finger injury
- Genetic disorders
Home Cures and Treatment for Finger Knuckles
Before taking any measures to treat the pain on your knuckles, it is important for you to know the underlying causes of your knuckle soreness, and there is no other way to determine causes but by going through a medical checkup.It is essential for you to seek for professional help because some knuckle pains are symptoms of serious diseases. However, there are simple home remedies you can apply to lessen or get rid of the pain. These home remedies you can apply are the following:
- If the cause of your knuckle pain is your constant cracking of your finger joints, it is important that you cut this habit as soon as possible because cracking your knuckles weaken your joints and could lead to arthritis or rheumatism.
- You can affix a wood splinter on your fingers to prevent unnecessary finger movements or simply to steady the fingers to allow the joints and ligaments to heal especially if the cause of your knuckle pain is accident or finger injury.
- Soaking your hands on warm water with salt for 10 to 15 minutes up to four times a day would relieve the pain and swelling of your fingers.
- You can also apply hot or cold compress on your fingers.
- Avoid making finger movements to avoid causing further damage.
- Applying aloe vera gel on the infected finger or joint is also guaranteed to be effective in soothing knuckle pain. Let the aloe vera gel stay on your finger for at least thirty minutes every day till the pain disappears.
- For the mean time, while your knuckles and finger joints are still in pain, avoid eating anti-inflammatory foods such as eggs, red meat, wheat, processed foods, and carbohydrates because these could worsen the pain.