Before you panic about your unusual skin peeling in the nipple, you should know that skin peels every once in a while, and there is no reason for you to worry, except on cases where skin peeling is associated with itching, pain, and soreness. Although the condition is not alarming, it is important for you to stop the peeling. Nipple skin peeling can be treated at home with natural remedies. But if the shedding off persists, you should consult your doctor right away because the peeling could be a sign of a serious disease.
Causes of Nipple Skin Peeling
The causes of nipple skin peeling vary from simple to complicated ones. Most reasons include:
- Hormonal imbalance or imbalance
- Dryness of the skin
- Skin infections
- Skin disorders
- Unusual body changes
- Medication side effects
- Side effect of contraceptive pill
- Allergic reaction to certain fabrics
- Breast cancer or Paget’s disease
Home Remedies and Cures for Dry and Peeling Skin on Nipples
How Do I Treat the Shedding Off of My Nipple Skin?
Skin peeling in the nipple area is not a serious condition, and it can be treated with organic and natural home remedies. Make the peeling of your nipple skin stop with these following remedies:
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin.
- Apply deep moisturizer every after bathing. For maintenance and daily care regimen, apply your ordinary lotion on your nipples
- Prepare a paste of turmeric powder and clarified butter then apply the mixture on your nipples. You can also apply this solution to any dry or cracked parts in your body.
- If the cause of your nipple skin peeling is a side effect of your contraceptive pill, consult your gynecologist for a brand change or for a different contraceptive approach.
- A mixture of sandalwood powder and rose water can also be applied on the nipples to stop the peeling
- Use cotton underwear instead of using silk or satin. These fabric materials usually cause skin irritation because it traps in moisture.
- Get a hot washcloth and place it on your nipples for a few minutes then apply coconut or olive oil in your nipples for dryness remedy
- If the peeling of your nipple is due to skin infections, it is important for you to treat the underlying cause to treat the peeling of your nipple skin.