How to Clear Clogged Ears after Flying
Right when you are enjoying your flight to your most wanted and most dreamed about place in the world, you experience a sudden pain in your ear just after you land. Well, this is just a common experience for people who flew in an airplane. Hence, the best way to deal with this discomfort is by trying some natural methods of unblocking the ear after an airplane flight.
Causes of Blocked Ears after Flying
You may be wondering how your ear gets blocked when you just stayed inside the plane and felt very relaxed.
How to Treat Blocked Ears after Flying or Airplane Travel
Here are some helpful home remedies and treatment on how you can treat blocked ears.
- One of the things you can do to treat clogged ears is to do some swallowing activities. Swallowing mobilizes the muscles pushing the Eustachian tubes to open. According to some experts, by swallowing hard, you can unclog your ear and free the air that is stuck in your eardrums.
- Yawning can also help you unclog your ears. It is also advisable to stay awake as much as possible during the whole trip since you cannot swallow during your sleep.
- Taking a decongestant pill or nasal spray can also help you avoid clogged ears after your flight. Be sure to take the decongestant or nasal spray an hour before your flight. These things make the nasal membranes shrink and make the ear easily unplugged.
- If you feel pain in your blocked ears, stay calm and relaxed. Slowly take deep breaths and pause to hold your breathing. Pinch your nose and push the air out of your nose, just like blowing your nose when you have a cold. Continue doing this until you feel comfortable and when your ear gets unplugged.
- You can do these simple unclogging tips even during your flight but if the clog is still there even after you try everything, it is best to consult your doctor.