Bacterial throat infection is basically an infection that leaves a person’s throat sore and inflamed. Causes for such a problem often stem from the exchanging of bodily fluids, particularly saliva, from one infected person to another. This often occurs in a number of ways with coughing, sneezing, and kissing as some of the main transmitters of such a problem. When asked the question, ‘œis bacterial throat infection contagious?’ the answer is yes since it is transferred from one person to another by way of the saliva.
Throat Infection Causes
Bacterial throat infection is one of the most common causes of sore throat and throat soreness and inflammation.Although bacterial infection in the throat is generally harmless, if left untreated, it could lead to other more serious health conditions such as tonsillitis and ear infections. There are several types of bacteria but the bacteria that causes throat infection is Group A streptococcus.
Natural Remedies for Bacterial Throat Infection
Throat infection caused by bacteria can be easily treated by taking oral antibiotics prescribed by doctors. You can also choose to take home remedies to get rid of the symptoms and to totally heal yourself from being infected. The following are natural treatments you can apply.
- Drink plenty of water. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day to soothe your sore throat cause by the infection. Avoid drinking cold beverages. Drinking fruit juices that are rich in vitamin C will also help you recover more quickly. Citrus fruits such as lemon and lime are good sources of vitamin C.
- Gargle warm water with salt to kill the bacteria on your throat and tonsils. You can also prepare a mixture of boiled water with a teaspoon of sage mixed with another teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with honey then gargle it four times a day.
- Turmeric powder is known for its antibacterial effectiveness. Mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder to a half glass of hot water, add with salt then gargle the mixture.
- Get plenty of rest to have more energy to fight off the infection naturally.
- Eating juice bars will also help soothe your hot and irritated throat. Avoid sucking the bar though. Just let tiny pieces of the bar melt in your mouth to run through your throat.
- You can also try sucking on a hard candy, preferably sweet candies because they can help soothe sore throat. Lozenges can also help in moisturizing your dry and infected throat.
- Steaming is an old trick but is still very effective in making the bacterial infection disappear more quickly. Boil three cups of water and transfer the water into a basin after boiling. Inhale the vapor till the water cools down.
How to Prevent Yourself from Contagious Bacteria
To avoid spreading or acquiring the infection, avoid kissing somebody who is infected. Sharing of toothbrush should be avoided with or without bacterial infection. Proper washing of kitchen utensils must also be practiced to prevent bacterial transfer.