Turmeric Side Effects
Turmeric is used to treat a range of diseases and medical conditions. The herb offers countless benefits and health advantages. However, excessive use could lead to certain adverse effects.
Turmeric Side Effects for Skin
Continuous application of turmeric over the skin is fraught with some side effects. Those having a sensitive skin may experience an allergic reaction. A red inflamed skin and an itchy rash may develop.
Turmeric Adverse Effects
Despite the fact that turmeric proffers innumerable health benefits, an indiscriminate usage / excessive usage of the spice leads to several health problems.The following are the commonly seen side effects.
- Using turmeric for a prolonged period of time may result in abdominal derangements. Common manifestations include: mild cramping, diarrhea and indigestion.
- The use of turmeric extracts, in high doses, results in liver and gall bladder disorders.
- Turmeric supplements also cause a number of adverse effects on the health. Side effects of these supplements are: delayed blood clotting due to impairment of platelet aggregation. Consequently, severe bleeding can occur, even for tiny wounds.
- Another side effect of undue usage of the herb is uterine stimulation. Turmeric tends to increase the menstrual flow. Thus, it is not advised for pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- Those taking chemotherapy should avoid using too much of turmeric. Research states that the impact of the chemotherapy treatment diminishes significantly when excessive turmeric is included in the diet.